Pupil Premium 2016-2017
Pupil Premium Funding and Support – 2016/17
Pupil Premium is funding allocated to schools based on the number of Disadvantaged Pupils and Forces students that attend that school. The Government now refer to pupils as Disadvantaged if they currently receive, or have received within the past 6 years, Free School Meals. This group also includes Looked After Children and Children Adopted from Care. Primary Schools receive £1,320 and Secondary Schools receive £935 per FSM/Ever6 students, £1,900 per Looked After Student, and £300 per Forces student.
Who is Eligible for Pupil Premium?
- Free School Meals
- Free School Meals in the last 6 years
- Forces Children
- Children who have been in Forces families in the last 5 years
- Looked After Children
- Adopted Children
Co-ordination of Pupil Premium support across our Federation of Schools:
We are part of a Hard Federation of schools working together to provide the best possible learning of our young people across the 9 to 18 age range. We continually look to find key strategies to make sure that the progress of our Disadvantaged pupils is positively impacted on by this funding and that any gaps between such pupils and school/national averages are closed. We actively support individual young people’s well being and growing self awareness.
At present a senior staff member in each of our three schools has the responsibility as Pupil Premium Champion. We meet termly with a designated governor to review progress, share good practice and look to find further good ideas on intervention and support. Sometimes this intervention and support will need to look wider than the pupil and may encompass the whole family in order to help them provide the best possible home environment for their children.
Examples of joint work so far:
• Appointment of an Attendance Support Officer so we can improve attendance across all schools in the Federation and respond quickly to non attendance
• Finding ways to highlight to parents the importance of applying for Pupil Premium
• Creating information proformas so that classroom colleagues are fully informed as to the background of individual pupils
• Jointly exploring good practice from other schools that may support future work
• Improving the levels of support necessary to provide a positive transition from one school to another.
We are aware of most of our Pupil Premium pupils but there may be some pupils whose eligibility has not been made obvious to us.
If you think your child is eligible for this grant, or know of a child who is, please contact Mrs Puddephatt in confidence.
Please read our Pupil Premium Strategy Statement below to see how we plan to use our Pupil Premium budget to support our pupils.